A mosque carpet is a piece of fabric, sometimes a pile carpet, used by Muslims. In Islam, a carpet is placed between the ground and the worshipper for cleanliness during the various positions of Islamic prayer.
When we buy carpet for homes or mosques we always want that the carpet does not lose its original quality over the years and does not need to be replaced. To increase the life of any carpet first try to choose a machine-woven carpet with a good yarn material; among the yarns used in the weaving of mosque carpets or home carpets, acrylic yarn has the best quality and also the highest price of carpets. You need to know how to maintain the carpet after buying this and how it helps extend its life.
Here we discuss how the correct ways to maintain carpets.
Carpet maintenance tips
- Because direct and intense sunlight over time will cause your carpet to fade that’s why avoid direct sunlight on the mosque carpet or home carpet? To prevent this condition, in front of the window of a mosque or house, you can use a blind or a thick curtain.
- From time to time try to expose the back of the mosque carpet or home carpet to the sun. The reason for this is that the dark environment behind the carpet is a good place for mold to grow and the back of the carpet is a very good place for all kinds of small insects. Exposure to Sunlight eliminates all these harmful factors that contribute to the health and longevity of the carpet.
- Because most carpet decay is due to the water in the pots so avoid placing all kinds of pots on or next to the carpet as much as possible.
- The carpets should be spread on a flat and uniform surface, and the ground on which the carpet is to be spread should not be soil.
- If you clean dust from the mosque carpet, you should be sure to leave the doors and windows open so that the dust particles from cleaning do not settle on the mosque carpets.
- If part of the carpet is damaged, be sure to repair it with a carpet weaver so that the damaged part does not become more over time and stained the carpet.
- Wash and dry the area immediately, if food or drinks (such as soft drinks) spill on the carpet
If you want to wash the carpets yourself, be sure to observe the following points:
- If you want to wash your carpet be sure that you do not fold them rather than roll them up and then move them. Because folding the carpet may cause it to crack or break.
- First, remove the all carpet dust and then wash it properly. You can hit the carpet with a strong stick to remove dust.
- Those detergents that have acidic properties wash the mosque carpet with that because this will cause the carpet to be less durable and damaged.
- After all, this carpet should be placed on a slope where the water is completely gone, and for a short time, expose the carpet to sunlight to dry completely.