You have to keep in mind that most health issues cannot be predicted by every person, and therefore, you or someone in your family may emerge as a victim of a dental crisis and might want immediate attention from a healthcare professional. Some of the common situations of dental emergencies have been listed below by a Springfield, VA dentist:
- Frequently getting toothache: You must understand that it is essential to become aware that excessive or chronic toothache can be a sign of an underlying problem, which incorporates tooth decay, infection, or a dental abscess.
- Broken or Chipped Teeth: It has been seen that injuries can result in fractured, chipped, or damaged teeth. This can be painful and might expose some parts of your teeth to infections.
- Knocked-Out Tooth (Avulsed Tooth): It is a no-brainer that after a tooth is actually dislodged from its socket because of trauma, taking quick action is very important to make sure that problem is addressed before it’s too late.
- Lost Dental Filling or Crown: When you go to your dentist, he’s going to tell you that when a dental filling or crown falls out, it is able to cause pain and reveal the underlying teeth to damage or contamination.
- Abscessed Tooth: Most people with abscessed teeth have reported that dental abscesses are painful, pus-stuffed infections that can develop across the root of a tooth or inside the gum tissue. They require a nice treatment to prevent the infection from spreading.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: It has been observed that injuries or damage to the lips, cheeks, gums, or tongue can also be caused by falls or trauma. These accidents can also result in bleeding and require on-the-spot medical care to prevent bleeding and save you from contamination.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: These teeth, which are also known as third molars, can get damaged and cause pain, swelling, and infection. Extraction may be crucial in a few instances.
- Jaw Fractures: When you meet with an accident, trauma to the face or jaw can cause fractures of the jawbone.
- Orthodontic Emergencies: You must also know that issues with braces or orthodontic structures, consisting of broken wires or brackets, can cause pain and require orthodontic changes.
- Tooth Sensitivity: While this isn’t always normally a real emergency, unexpected and severe teeth sensitivity due to warm or cold temperatures may be a signal of underlying trouble that needs medical help.
It’s important to note that not all dental issues qualify as emergencies. However, on every occasion that you get doubtful, it must be a decision to seek advice from a dentist or healthcare professional.