Have you ever thought to surprise the lovely birds that are flying around your house? If not, we are presenting one very cool idea that you can make. After that, you will only need to sit in your comfortable chair in your yard and watch the birds. So, the word is about cool wine bottle bird feeder.
Yes, you have read right. A wine bottle bird feeder. This project is very simple. You only need to take one wine bottle, some wood scraps and some tools. Furthermore, you need to awake your creativity.
Moreover, you can involve your children or loved ones in this project and spend some quality time together. In addition, you will not leave the wonderful birds hungry. So, do not wait. Take your tools and get to work.
We will show you how to make this bird feeder in few steps.
- Scraps of wood
- Wine bottle
- Wire rope
- L hook screw
- 2 screws
- 2 washers
1. The first thing you need to do is to choose the right bottle. We are advising you to choose some bottle with cool shape and eye-catchy label. Moreover, you can paint it in some interesting color. The bottle is the first thing that you look at when you see this bird feeder. So, you must choose it carefully.
2. Make the feeder as you build a small wooden house. But, remember to only leave the wall that is behind the bottle. Also, design a small rooftop for the feeder.
3. Once you are done with the housing, you should mount the bottle with the wire rope. Turn the bottle upside-down and pull the rope tight against the spot.
4. The next step is to screw in the L hook against the back of the feeder. This should be done at the base of the feeder. Position the L hook so the lip of the bottle will rest on it. This is done in order to keep the wine bottle at some height.
5. Now, you should use a funnel in order to fill the bottle with bird seeds. They will come out by themselves.