When this exotic fruit is completely ripe, it has very sweet taste, something similar to honey.This Japanese apple which as ti name says origins from Japan, has many healthy nutrients. It contains large amounts of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
During every season of ripening, these fruits can change their shape. Moreover, they vary in size from 50 to 500 grams. The color of the Japanese apple may be from light yellow to dark orange. Furthermore, it is good for you to know that the whole fruit is eaten except the seeds and the stalk.
Now, let us show you some of the properties of Japanese apple after which you will start to eat them frequently.
The beneficial properties of Japanese apple
- It contains small amount of calories (70 calories per 100 grams) and is a rich source of dietary fibers.
- This apple is a great source of vitamin C. Should we say anything more?
- Japanese apple contains large amount of vitamin A, lycopene, beta carotene and lutein. All of these compounds play major role in the fight against free oxygen radicals that are causing various diseases and also promote aging. Moreover, some of these compounds have many benefits for our eyes. They serve as a antioxidants in order to filter the light.
- The fresh apple also contains magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and copper.
- Furthermore, it contains very important B – complex, B6.
- This apple also contains antioxidants that are fighting against cancer tumors and have anti-inflammatory effect.
How to choose and store Japanese apples?
The following tips are very good for you in order to choose the best apple that you can find in the store. So, next time when you go to your nearest shop, try to choose the fruits without cuts or bruises. Moreover, you can also find some dry apples. However, besides the fact that you can eat the fresh apples like the regular ones, the dry ones can be a great addition to your cakes, cookies or some other meals.