Johanna Budwig, German biochemist, has found a way to detect fat in the blood. She understood the importance of the essential fatty acids for our health. Therefore, based on that findings she has developed a recipe, Budwig Cream, that is used by many people to prevent occurrence of many diseases.
Moreover, she has realized that certain foods can act preventive on the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases, cancer, diabetes type 2 and many other diseases.
For that reason, she has developed a recipe for a cream that is recommended for consuming in the morning, on a empty stomach. This cream is based on flax seed or flax seed oil and fresh cow cheese. Flax seed is the best source of omega-3 fatty acids which in combination with proteins, such as lean cheese, creates a combination of the lipoprotein from which the membranes of our cells are made.
How to make Budwig Cream?
- 2 tablespoons of organic flax seed oil
- 4 tablespoons of fresh cow cheese
- Fruit and nuts for decoration
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
In order to get some optimal results, you need to add the ingredients in certain order.
- Put the cheese in one middle size bowl and pour the flax seed oil on top of it. So, the next step is to mix the ingredients well enough until you get homogeneous cream.
- Before you put the flax seeds in this cream, you need to grind them.
- Now, mix all the ingredients well. Furthermore, you can add some fruits depending on your wish.
- Finally, the most important part is that you need to consume this cream no later than 20 minutes after preparation. Therefore, you will be sure that you will intake all the vitamins that your body needs.
- Interesting thing is that 15 minutes after grinding, the flax seeds are losing their nutrients. Therefore, it is important to grind them just before you consume them.
- You better make small amount and consume it all instead of keeping it for later.